Dr Elizabeth Thiele discusses the latest on cannabidiol research for the treatment of refractory epilepsy.
Integration of care across specialists helps to improve the overall patient/family experience.
Those with postnatal etiology showed worse developmental deficits across all domains.
Andrew Hershey, MD, PhD, FAHS, Endowed Chair and Co-Director, Cincinnati Children's Headache Center discusses the multidisciplinary approach to treating pediatric headache.
Risks associated with certain NSAIDS and steroids warrant further investigation.
While many lesions remained at 1 year, reductions in lesion volume correlated with improved neurologic outcomes.
No significant difference in reduction of headache days was observed between the treatment groups and placebo.
Out of 34 cases of MRI-detected fetal stroke, ultrasound was only able to identify 5 cases.
Patients with these EEG characteristics may benefit from early screening and intervention.
The EXIST-3 trial is the first phase 3 study to evaluate the use of EVE for the adjunctive treatment of seizures in TSC.
As the treatment is currently used off-label, optimal dosing has not yet been established.
Learn about the key scientific sessions taking place at CNS 2016 and follow along with Neurology Advisor for full meeting coverage.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Case Study Report: Herbal Supplement Kratom Associated With Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Seizure Monitoring Smartwatch Cleared for Use in Children
- Ocrelizumab Reduces Upper Extremity Disability Progression Risk in PPMS
- Can Early Initiation of Direct Oral Anticoagulants Prevent Recurrent AFib-Related Stroke?
- Online Family Problem-Solving Program May Improve Behavioral Outcomes in Older Children With TBI
- Very Early Mobilization After Stroke Does Not Improve Survival Over Usual Care
- Alemtuzumab Linked to Clinical and MRI Disease Remission in Multiple Sclerosis
- Cognitive Decline Worsens With Memantine, ChEIs in Patients With Alzheimer's
- Cervical Dysfunction Needs Clarification to Identify Link With Headache
- Levodopa Inhalation Powder Approved for Parkinson Disease
- Risk for Conversion of MS Varies With Different Therapies
- Breakdown of Blood-Brain Barrier May Drive Dementia
- FDA: Food Inspections to Resume Despite Ongoing Funding Lapse
- First Generic Version of Sabril Tablets Gets FDA Approval
- Supine Positioning After Greater Occipital Nerve Block May Improve Outcomes