Dr Elizabeth Thiele discusses the latest on cannabidiol research for the treatment of refractory epilepsy.
Integration of care across specialists helps to improve the overall patient/family experience.
Those with postnatal etiology showed worse developmental deficits across all domains.
Andrew Hershey, MD, PhD, FAHS, Endowed Chair and Co-Director, Cincinnati Children's Headache Center discusses the multidisciplinary approach to treating pediatric headache.
Risks associated with certain NSAIDS and steroids warrant further investigation.
While many lesions remained at 1 year, reductions in lesion volume correlated with improved neurologic outcomes.
No significant difference in reduction of headache days was observed between the treatment groups and placebo.
Out of 34 cases of MRI-detected fetal stroke, ultrasound was only able to identify 5 cases.
Patients with these EEG characteristics may benefit from early screening and intervention.
The EXIST-3 trial is the first phase 3 study to evaluate the use of EVE for the adjunctive treatment of seizures in TSC.
As the treatment is currently used off-label, optimal dosing has not yet been established.
Learn about the key scientific sessions taking place at CNS 2016 and follow along with Neurology Advisor for full meeting coverage.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- OCD in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Features Distinct Phenotype, Associated Symptoms
- History of Migraine Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Patent Foramen Ovale Closure for Stroke Prevention: Key Principles for Clinical Practice
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- A Model for Predicting Quality of Life Improvements After Deep Brain Stimulation
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- FDA Grants Orphan Drug Status to Angelman Syndrome Treatment
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Clinical, Radiologic Markers Predictive of Cortical Superficial Siderosis in ICH Identified
- Migraine Pain Location May Not Have Clinical Implications