Inverse association between early-life weight status and perceptual reasoning, working memory scores
The focus on enhanced cognitive function could sideline equally important aspects of life such as health and relationships.
Preoperative cognitive function is a central component of predicting cognitive outcomes after resective epilepsy surgery.
Patients with schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, and psychotic bipolar disorder were examined for anticholinergic burden.
No between-group differences in measures of language, academic, or executive functioning were observed in those who took DHA during pregnancy and those who did not.
Previous research has suggested that statins and PCSK9 inhibitors may adversely affect cognition.
Future research should focus on whether cogniphobia can be a modifiable factor in the treatment of patients with migraine.
No correlation was found for cognitive function with changes in weight or fitness.
Researchers examined whether the cognitive reserve hypothesis could predict cognitive decline, gray matter volume changes, and white matter volume changes in MS patients.
Women who had high blood pressure while pregnant demonstrated later cognitive impairment and smaller brain volume compared with women who had normotensive pregnancies.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd