COLYTE w. FLAVOR PACKS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Polyethylene glycol 3350 60g, sodium chloride 1.46g, potassium chloride 0.745g, sodium bicarbonate 1.68g, sodium sulfate 5.68g, flavor 0.851g/pack (orange, lemon lime, cherry); per liter of soln; pwd for reconstitution (add 1 flavor pack before reconstitution).
Indications for COLYTE w. FLAVOR PACKS:
Bowel cleansing before colonoscopy or barium enema exam.
After fasting for >3hrs, 240mL orally every 10mins or 20–30mL/min by NG tube until fecal discharge is clear. Usual dose 3–4L. Only clear liquids until exam.
GI obstruction or perforation. Gastric retention. Toxic colitis. Toxic megacolon. Ileus.
Severe ulcerative colitis. Impaired gag reflex. Semi- or unconsciousness. Risk of aspiration or regurgitation. Correct fluid and electrolyte abnormalities prior to initiation. Increased risk of arrhythmias (eg, history of prolonged QT, uncontrolled arrhythmias, recent MI, unstable angina, CHF or cardiomyopathy); do pre-dose and post-colonoscopy ECGs. History of seizures. Rule out GI obstruction or perforation. Maintain adequate hydration. Renal impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant drugs that may increase the risk of fluid and electrolyte disturbances or adverse events. Drugs administered within 1hr of start of Colyte may not be absorbed. Increased risk of ischemic colitis with concomitant stimulant laxatives.
Isosmotic bowel cleanser.
Nausea, abdominal fullness or bloating, cramps, vomiting, anal irritation; serious: colonic mucosal ulceration, ischemic colitis; rare: arrhythmias.
Colyte w. Flavor Packs—4L (disposable jug w. 3 flavor packs)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Traumatic Brain Injury Linked to Increased Parkinson Disease Risk in Veterans
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics