COLYTE w. FLAVOR PACKS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Polyethylene glycol 3350 60g, sodium chloride 1.46g, potassium chloride 0.745g, sodium bicarbonate 1.68g, sodium sulfate 5.68g, flavor 0.851g/pack (orange, lemon lime, cherry); per liter of soln; pwd for reconstitution (add 1 flavor pack before reconstitution).
Indications for COLYTE w. FLAVOR PACKS:
Bowel cleansing before colonoscopy or barium enema exam.
After fasting for >3hrs, 240mL orally every 10mins or 20–30mL/min by NG tube until fecal discharge is clear. Usual dose 3–4L. Only clear liquids until exam.
GI obstruction or perforation. Gastric retention. Toxic colitis. Toxic megacolon. Ileus.
Severe ulcerative colitis. Impaired gag reflex. Semi- or unconsciousness. Risk of aspiration or regurgitation. Correct fluid and electrolyte abnormalities prior to initiation. Increased risk of arrhythmias (eg, history of prolonged QT, uncontrolled arrhythmias, recent MI, unstable angina, CHF or cardiomyopathy); do pre-dose and post-colonoscopy ECGs. History of seizures. Rule out GI obstruction or perforation. Maintain adequate hydration. Renal impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Isosmotic bowel cleanser.
Concomitant drugs that may increase the risk of fluid and electrolyte disturbances or adverse events. Drugs administered within 1hr of start of Colyte may not be absorbed. Increased risk of ischemic colitis with concomitant stimulant laxatives.
Nausea, abdominal fullness or bloating, cramps, vomiting, anal irritation; serious: colonic mucosal ulceration, ischemic colitis; rare: arrhythmias.
Colyte w. Flavor Packs—4L (disposable jug w. 3 flavor packs)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL