Generic Name and Formulations:
Guaifenesin 400mg; pseudoephedrine HCl 60mg; per caplet.
Ascher, B.F & Company
Indications for CONGESTAC:
Nasal, sinus and chest congestion.
1 caplet every 4–6 hours; max 4 caplets/24 hours.
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–12yrs: ½ caplet every 4–6 hours; max 2 caplets/24 hours.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antagonizes antihypertensives.
Expectorant + sympathomimetic.
Nervousness, dizziness, insomnia.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA: Lamotrigine Linked to Potentially Life-Threatening Adverse Reaction
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics