Cromolyn Sodium Ophthalmic Solution Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Cromolyn sodium 4%; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Cromolyn Sodium Ophthalmic Solution:
Vernal keratoconjunctivitis, vernal conjunctivitis, vernal keratitis.
Adults and Children:
<4yrs: not established. ≥4yrs: 1–2 drops in each eye 4–6 times daily at regular intervals.
Avoid contact lens wear during treatment. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Mast cell stabilizer.
Transient burning, stinging, or other ocular discomfort.
Formerly known under the brand name Crolom.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Serious Adverse Events Profile for Cladribine Confirmed With Extended Data
- Patients With Multiple Sclerosis Face Greater Infection Risk
- Ozanimod Reduces Severe Relapses in Multiple Sclerosis More Than Interferon Beta-1a