Cyclobenzaprine HCl Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Cyclobenzaprine HCl 5mg, 7.5mg, 10mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Cyclobenzaprine HCl Tablets:
Relief of acute muscle spasm, as adjunct to rest and physical therapy.
≥15yrs: initially 5mg 3 times daily, may increase to 10mg 3 times daily; max 2–3 weeks. Elderly or mild hepatic impairment: initially 5mg and then titrate slowly upward.
<15yrs: not established.
Acute post-MI. Arrhythmias, heart block, other conduction disturbances. CHF. Hyperthyroidism. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Moderate-to-severe hepatic impairment: not recommended. Urinary retention. Glaucoma. Increased intraocular pressure. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Muscle relaxant (central).
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of serotonin syndrome with other serotonergic drugs (eg, SSRIs, SNRIs, tricyclic antidepressants, tramadol, bupropion, meperidine, verapamil, or MAOIs); monitor closely. Potentiates anticholinergics, alcohol, other CNS depressants. May antagonize guanethidine, clonidine. Tramadol increases seizure risk.
Drowsiness, dry mouth, dizziness, fatigue, headache, GI upset, asthenia, irritability, nervousness, blurred vision, confusion, arrhythmias, tachycardia, hypotension.
Formerly known under the brand names Flexeril, Fexmid.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Gender and Multiple Sclerosis: How It Influences Prognosis and Future Treatment
- Significant Variations in Epilepsy Surgical Strategy, Deficit Reporting Exist
- Thrombolysis With Tenecteplase Is as Safe as Alteplase in Stroke Mimics
- Loss of Function Variants in LRRK1 and LRRK2 Not Linked to Parkinson Disease
- Smoking Promotes Disease Progression in Multiple Sclerosis
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- ZTlido Patch for Post-Shingles Pain Launching Soon
- Managing Complications of Intrathecal Baclofen Therapy
- Deep Brain Stimulation Reduces Tremor Symptoms in Parkinson Disease
- FDA Issues Statement Addressing Safety Concerns Associated With Nuplazid
- Prevalence of Autoimmune Encephalitis in Herpes Simplex Encephalitis Explored