Generic Name and Formulations:
Cysteamine 0.44%; ophthalmic soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Leadiant Biosciences, Inc.
Indications for CYSTARAN:
Treatment of corneal cystine cystal accumulation in patients with cystinosis.
Adults and Children:
Instill one drop in each eye every waking hour. Discard after 1 week of use.
Remove contact lenses prior to application; may reinsert after 15 mins. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Light sensitivity, redness, eye pain/irritation, headache, visual field defects; possible benign intracranial hypertension.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure