Generic Name and Formulations:
Cysteamine 0.44%; ophthalmic soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for CYSTARAN:
Treatment of corneal cystine cystal accumulation in patients with cystinosis.
Adults and Children:
Instill one drop in each eye every waking hour. Discard after 1 week of use.
Remove contact lenses prior to application; may reinsert after 15 mins. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Light sensitivity, redness, eye pain/irritation, headache, visual field defects; possible benign intracranial hypertension.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA Fast-Tracks Treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics