Generic Name and Formulations:
Decitabine 50mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution.
Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Indications for DACOGEN:
Myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) including previously treated and untreated, de novo and secondary MDS of all French-American-British subtypes and Intermediate-1, Intermediate-2, and High-risk International Prognostic Scoring System groups.
May premedicate with antiemetics. Treat for a minimum of 4 cycles; may take longer for a complete or partial response. Regimen 1: Give by continuous IV infusion over 3 hours. 15mg/m2 every 8 hours for 3 days; repeat every 6 weeks. Regimen 2: Give by continuous IV infusion over 1 hour. 20mg/m2 once daily for 5 days; repeat every 4 weeks. Both: dose adjustment based on hematology values: see literature. Non-hematologic toxicities (eg, serum creatinine ≥2mg/dL; SGPT, total bilirubin ≥ 2 X ULN; active or uncontrolled infection): do not restart until toxicity resolved.
Renal or hepatic impairment. Obtain CBC and platelet counts before each dosing cycle and as needed. Monitor hepatic function (do baseline liver chemistries and serum creatinine). Pregnancy (Cat.D); use appropriate contraception (both men and women). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, anemia, leukopenia, fatigue, pyrexia, nausea, cough, petechiae, constipation, diarrhea, hyperglycemia.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL