Generic Name and Formulations:
Dalbavancin 500mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; preservative-free.
Indications for DALVANCE:
Susceptible acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI).
Give by IV infusion over 30 mins. CrCl ≥30mL/min or on regular hemodialysis: administer 1500mg as single dose, or 1000mg followed by 500mg one week later. Renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min) and who are not receiving regularly scheduled hemodialysis: administer 1125mg as single dose, or 750mg followed by 375mg one week later.
History of glycopeptide allergy. Discontinue if serious hypersensitivity or skin reactions occur. Moderate or severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh Class B or C). Renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Nausea, headache, diarrhea, vomiting, rash, pruritus; ALT elevations, infusion-related reactions (eg, Red-Man Syndrome), C. difficile-associated diarrhea (discontinue if occurs).
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL