DAYQUIL COLD & FLU LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 325mg, dextromethorphan HBr 10mg, phenylephrine HCl 5mg; per 15mL; liq; contains sodium 71mg/15mL.
Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
Indications for DAYQUIL COLD & FLU LIQUID:
Nasal congestion, cough, sore throat, fever, headache, minor aches and pains.
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–11yrs: 15mL. ≥12yrs: 30mL. All: repeat every 4 hours; max 5 doses/24 hours (children) or 6 doses/24 hours (adults).
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Hepatic dysfunction. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. GI or GU obstruction. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers. Liquid: sodium-restricted diet.
Analgesic + antitussive + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day. β-blockers may increase the pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antagonizes antihypertensives.
Nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
LiquiCaps—12, 20, 40, 60; Liq—6oz
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Deep Brain Stimulation Improves Parkinson Disease in Older Adults
- Optimizing Treatment for Patients With Chronic Sciatica: Gabapentin vs Pregabalin
- Tiglutik Now Available for the Treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Modifiable CV Risk Factors Within Healthy Range Indicative of CV Morphology, White Matter Lesions
- A New Look at Demyelination and White Matter Density in Multiple Sclerosis