DAYQUIL SINEX OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 325mg, phenylephrine HCl 5mg; per LiquiCap.
Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
Indications for DAYQUIL SINEX:
Sinus pain, congestion, headache.
2 caps every 4 hours; max 6 doses/24 hours.
<4yrs: not recommended. 4–12yrs: consult a doctor.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Hepatic dysfunction. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. GI or GU obstruction. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Analgesic + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day. β-blockers increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antagonizes antihypertensives.
Nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, hepatotoxicty (overdosage).
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Serious Adverse Events Profile for Cladribine Confirmed With Extended Data
- Minority Residents Experience Burdens Linked to Race/Ethnicity
- Tips Provided for Budgeting in Medical Residency
- Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein May Predict Risk for Recurrent Stroke
- Inappropriate Prescribing Protocols in Parkinson Disease
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis