Generic Name and Formulations:
Penciclovir 1%; crm.
Indications for DENAVIR:
Recurrent Herpes labialis (cold sores) on the lips and face.
Apply every 2 hrs while awake for 4 days. Begin treatment at earliest sign or symptom.
Do not use on mucous membranes or near eyes. Immunocompromised. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Headache, mild skin irritation.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL