Fremanezumab may be efficacious for the prophylaxis of chronic migraine in individuals with comorbid migraine and moderate/moderate to severe depression.
Autism spectrum disorder is associated with increased risk of depression in young adulthood.
The studies that included neurocognitive measures demonstrated no significant difference between the use of rTMS and sham-rTMS.
The researchers conducted a 13-week study that included 162 individuals with advanced dementia and considerable depression residing in nursing homes in Norway.
Investigators sought to determine the frequency of major depressive disorder in patients in epilepsy clinics.
Patients with higher rates of depression and fatigue were significantly more likely to have lower MMAS-8 adherence scores.
A study evaluated the long-term adverse effects of maternal depression on child development.
Handgrip strength was significantly associated with improved visual memory reaction time, prospective memory, and reasoning in patients with bipolar disorder.
Lundbeck announced that the FDA has approved a sNDA for Trintellix to include data regarding improved processing speed.
Using a validated food frequency questionnaire, diet scores were computed for the DASH diet, Mediterranean diet, Mediterranean-DASH Intervention for Neurodegenerative Delay diet, prudent, and Western diets.
For patients with major depressive disorde, relapse is associated with brain cortical changes over two years.
Adolescent females at high familial risk of depression who do not go on to develop depression have compensatory functional connectivity patterns in emotion regulatory networks.
For adults with bipolar depression, tDCS seems to be safe and effective as an add-on intervention.
Male gender, excessive daytime sleepiness, and presence of metabolic syndrome were among the risk factors for obstructive sleep apnea in major depression.
Depression is one of the most commonly reported complications resulting from stroke.
Patient's with depression that have Parkinson's disease have impaired white matter integrity.
Brexanolone was well tolerated among study participants.
Frequency of migraine with or without aura may be correlated with symptoms of anxiety and depression.
The FDA has cleared Nexstim's NBT system for the treatment of major depressive disorder.
Female sex, dependency, high pain scores, and lower Mini-Mental State Examination scores were correlated with higher depression scores.
For patients with comorbid depression and TBI, NILT is effective in bringing remission.
Given the prevalence of depression in Parkinson's disease and the effectiveness of antidepressants, health care providers should promote adherence in clinical practice.
Previous research has found a higher prevalence of depression before and after an epilepsy diagnosis.
Escitalopram may be better for the treatment of depression than tDCS.
The longer women are exposed to estrogen during reproductive years, the less likely they are to be depressed.
Although there is currently no gold standard therapy for the treatment of fibromyalgia, a number of medications have shown modest efficacy in managing fibromyalgia-related pain, including pregabalin.
Overall, depression affects significantly more women than men.
Patients previously diagnosed with depression or anxiety did not have a greater risk of Alzheimer's.
Underlying pathophysiological mechanisms may connect depression and epilepsy.
A study aimed to clarify the relationship between anxiety and depression in patients with multiple sclerosis.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis: Effects on DMTs, the Treatment Team, and More
- New Diagnostic Criteria for Neurosarcoidosis: What You Need to Know
- FDA Approves Powerful New Opioid Despite Criticisms
- Guidelines on the Use of OnabotulinumtoxinA for Chronic Migraine
- Efficacy of Naftazone on Motor Symptoms of Parkinson Disease
- Guideline for Diagnosis and Treatment of Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
- Ivy League Rule Change Linked to Fewer Concussions During NCAA Football Games
- Addressing Levodopa-Resistant Parkinson Disease
- Pediatric Migraine: Evidence-Based Alternative Management
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Circadian, Circaseptan Rhythms Prevalent in Epileptic Seizure Cycles
- Jolt Accentuation of Headache Not a Universal Indicator of Acute Meningitis
- Reduced Survival for Patients With Idiopathic Parkinsonism
- ACA Implementation Decreased Rates of Therapy Nonadherence in Stroke Survivors
- Fluorescence Can ID High-Grade Glioma During Sx for Brain Tumor