Investigators sought to determine the frequency of major depressive disorder in patients in epilepsy clinics.
Patients with higher rates of depression and fatigue were significantly more likely to have lower MMAS-8 adherence scores.
A study evaluated the long-term adverse effects of maternal depression on child development.
Handgrip strength was significantly associated with improved visual memory reaction time, prospective memory, and reasoning in patients with bipolar disorder.
Lundbeck announced that the FDA has approved a sNDA for Trintellix to include data regarding improved processing speed.
Using a validated food frequency questionnaire, diet scores were computed for the DASH diet, Mediterranean diet, Mediterranean-DASH Intervention for Neurodegenerative Delay diet, prudent, and Western diets.
For patients with major depressive disorde, relapse is associated with brain cortical changes over two years.
Adolescent females at high familial risk of depression who do not go on to develop depression have compensatory functional connectivity patterns in emotion regulatory networks.
For adults with bipolar depression, tDCS seems to be safe and effective as an add-on intervention.
Male gender, excessive daytime sleepiness, and presence of metabolic syndrome were among the risk factors for obstructive sleep apnea in major depression.
Depression is one of the most commonly reported complications resulting from stroke.
Patient's with depression that have Parkinson's disease have impaired white matter integrity.
Brexanolone was well tolerated among study participants.
Frequency of migraine with or without aura may be correlated with symptoms of anxiety and depression.
The FDA has cleared Nexstim's NBT system for the treatment of major depressive disorder.
Female sex, dependency, high pain scores, and lower Mini-Mental State Examination scores were correlated with higher depression scores.
For patients with comorbid depression and TBI, NILT is effective in bringing remission.
Given the prevalence of depression in Parkinson's disease and the effectiveness of antidepressants, health care providers should promote adherence in clinical practice.
Previous research has found a higher prevalence of depression before and after an epilepsy diagnosis.
Escitalopram may be better for the treatment of depression than tDCS.
The longer women are exposed to estrogen during reproductive years, the less likely they are to be depressed.
Although there is currently no gold standard therapy for the treatment of fibromyalgia, a number of medications have shown modest efficacy in managing fibromyalgia-related pain, including pregabalin.
Overall, depression affects significantly more women than men.
Patients previously diagnosed with depression or anxiety did not have a greater risk of Alzheimer's.
Underlying pathophysiological mechanisms may connect depression and epilepsy.
A study aimed to clarify the relationship between anxiety and depression in patients with multiple sclerosis.
NMDA receptor signaling is increased in patients with depression and reduced in those with schizophrenia.
As dementia worsens, caregivers often have to report symptoms on behalf of the patient, and they tend to report more depressive symptoms than patients do.
Self-guided iCBT was more effective for depressive symptom severity and treatment response.
Among older adults with subthreshold depression, collaborative care was linked to a decrease in PHQ-9 scores.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Organic Solvents Plus Genetics May Increase Risk of Multiple Sclerosis
- No Significant Clinical Differences Between Cluster Headaches With and Without Aura
- Co-Prescription of Opioids and Antidepressants Prevalent in Migraine
- Deep Brain Stimulation May Slow Rest Tremor Progression in Parkinson Disease
- Herpesvirus Abundant in Alzheimer Disease Brain, New Study Finds
- Patients' Preferences for Physician Attire Linked to Perception of Care
- Weighing the Risks of Deep Brain Stimulation
- Grey Matter Atrophy Sequence in Multiple Sclerosis Phenotypes
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Fewer Lesions in Multiple Sclerosis
- Screening Tool Differentiates Progressive Supranuclear Palsy and Parkinson Disease
- Risk Factors for Impulse Control Behaviors in Parkinson Disease
- Cardiac Pathology in SUDEP Compared With Sudden Arrhythmic or Traumatic Deaths
- 11.2% of U.S. Adults Aged ≥45 Report Subjective Mental Decline
- AMA Aims to Boost Affordability of ACA Marketplace Plans