Desloratadine ODT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Desloratadine 2.5mg, 5mg; orally-disintegrating tabs; tutti-frutti flavor; contains phenylalanine.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Desloratadine ODT:
Seasonal allergic rhinitis (for patients ≥2yrs old). Perennial allergic rhinitis, chronic idiopathic urticaria (for patients ≥6 months old).
Adults and Children:
Dissolve on tongue; swallow with or without water. <6yrs: use other forms. 6–11yrs: 2.5mg once daily. ≥12yrs: 5mg once daily. Renal or hepatic impairment: initially 5mg every other day.
ODT: Phenylketonurics. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Pharyngitis, dry mouth or throat, myalgia, fatigue, somnolence, dysmenorrhea, headache, nausea, dizziness. Children: fever, diarrhea, upper respiratory infections, irritability, coughing.
Formerly known under the brand name Clarinex ODT.
Tabs (YES); syrup (NO)
Tabs—100, 500; Syrup—4oz, 16oz; ODT—contact supplier
Neurology Advisor Articles
- OCD in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Features Distinct Phenotype, Associated Symptoms
- History of Migraine Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Patent Foramen Ovale Closure for Stroke Prevention: Key Principles for Clinical Practice
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- A Model for Predicting Quality of Life Improvements After Deep Brain Stimulation
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Population-Based Incidence of Acute Idiopathic Optic Neuritis Estimated
- First-in-Class Therapy Approved for Polyneuropathy Caused by hATTR
- High Anxiety Symptoms Prevalent in Epilepsy, Mesial Temporal Sclerosis
- Advance Care Planning Doesn't Aid Quality of Life
- Variation in Specialty Drug Coverage Across Health Plans