CAPPRI Scale is Feasible for Assessing Health-Related Quality of Life in Diabetic Distal Sensorimotor PolyneuropathyJune 15, 2018
Investigators evaluated the performance of the CAPPRI in assessing health-related quality-of-life outcomes in patients with diabetic distal sensorimotor polyneuropathy.
Chronic pain symptoms in patients with PDPN are effectively reduced with spinal cord stimulation.
Rates of painful diabetic neuropathy are increasing along with the prevalence of diabetes.
Researchers are looking into improving sleep in order to alleviate chronic pain.
Patients suffering from postherpetic nearalgia found relief taking gabapentin.
As the population ages, and as both the incidence of diabetes and the survival rates after chemotherapy treatment increase, the number of patients with neuropathic pain is expected to rise.
New evidence on diabetic neuropathy has emerged since the ADA's last published a position statement in 2005.
Are current nerve stimulation thresholds unreliable for diabetic neuropathy patients during regional anesthesia?
Four genetic variants of SCN9A were found to be significantly associated with neuropathic pain in DPN.
Researchers observed a dose-dependent reduction in pain in patients with diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
Addressing neuropathy early on in prediabetes is essential to successful symptom management.
Following a vegan diet helped lower levels of pain and promote weight loss in patients with diabetic neuropathy.
Aerobic exercise intervention doesn't seem to change pain severity, but seemed to lessen pain interference in daily activities.
Two studies show clinically significant improvement of 'minimum change in pain' measure.
Two injections of low-dose gene therapy improved painful symptoms by more than 50%.
A meta-analysis of previous trials could not determine the most effective treatment for painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Organic Solvents Plus Genetics May Increase Risk of Multiple Sclerosis
- No Significant Clinical Differences Between Cluster Headaches With and Without Aura
- Co-Prescription of Opioids and Antidepressants Prevalent in Migraine
- Deep Brain Stimulation May Slow Rest Tremor Progression in Parkinson Disease
- Herpesvirus Abundant in Alzheimer Disease Brain, New Study Finds
- Patients' Preferences for Physician Attire Linked to Perception of Care
- Weighing the Risks of Deep Brain Stimulation
- Grey Matter Atrophy Sequence in Multiple Sclerosis Phenotypes
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Fewer Lesions in Multiple Sclerosis
- Risk Factors for Impulse Control Behaviors in Parkinson Disease
- Cardiac Pathology in SUDEP Compared With Sudden Arrhythmic or Traumatic Deaths
- 11.2% of U.S. Adults Aged ≥45 Report Subjective Mental Decline
- AMA Aims to Boost Affordability of ACA Marketplace Plans
- Conscious Sedation Increases Risk of Poor Functional Outcome, Mortality Following Stroke Treatment