Generic Name and Formulations:
In vitro test; reagent strips (glucose oxidase).
Bayer Corp, Diagnostics Div.
Indications for DIASTIX:
Quantitative determination of urine glucose.
Adults and Children:
Test according to package directions.
Discard 6 months after opening.
Phenazopyridine, other azo dyes in drugs, ascorbic acid, nitrofurantoin, riboflavin, ketones may interfere.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- OnabotulinumtoxinA for Post-Stroke Spasticity: Treatment Strategies and Limitations
- Tau Associated With Loss of Anterior Temporal White Matter Integrity
- Location Probability Learning Unimpaired in Parkinson Disease
- Prenatal Tdap Vaccination Not Linked to Autism Risk
- AMA Adopts Policy to Advance Gender Equity in Medicine