Generic Name and Formulations:
Doxylamine succinate 10mg, pyridoxine HCl 10mg; del-rel tabs.
Duchesnay USA, Inc.
Indications for DICLEGIS:
Nausea and vomiting of pregnancy in women who do not respond to conservative management.
Limitations Of use:
Not studied in women with hyperemesis gravidarum.
Swallow whole. Take on empty stomach with water. ≥18yrs: Day 1: initially 2 tabs at bedtime; continue same dose next day if symptoms adequately controlled. If symptoms persist into afternoon of Day 2, take usual dose of 2 tabs at bedtime that night, and then starting on Day 3 take 3 tabs (1 tablet in AM and 2 tabs at bedtime); continue if symptoms adequately controlled. If symptoms persist, starting on Day 4 take 4 tabs (1 tab in the AM, 1 tab mid-afternoon, and 2 tabs at bedtime). Max 4 tabs daily.
<18yrs: not established.
Concomitant MAOIs; may prolong and intensify anticholinergic effects.
Asthma. Increased intraocular pressure. Narrow angle glaucoma. Stenosing peptic ulcer. Pyloroduodenal obstruction. Urinary bladder-neck obstruction. Reevaluate as pregnancy progresses. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antihistamine + Vit. B6 analog.
See Contraindications. Concomitant alcohol, other CNS depressants (eg, hypnotic sedatives, tranquilizers): not recommended. Concomitant food may delay onset of action and reduce absorption. May cause false (+) urine test for methadone, opiates, PCP.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL