Diet & Nutrition
Participants reported improved adherence to a modified Atkins diet compared with the popular but restrictive ketogenic diet.
A significant inverse trend was observed between the Healthy Nordic Food Index and risk of stroke.
High-fat diets may increase the risk of relapse in children with MS, while high-vegetable diets may be protective.
The study found that subsequent consumption of mercury from seafood had no effect on AD neuropathology.
Food smells generate impulsive reaction in obese children.
Two genetic variants appear to heighten brain reward responses to foods that are high in fat and sugar.
Brain stimulation may help decrease caloric intake.
The results were especially positive in studies conducted in Europe, although the researchers believe this was due to study size.
For each unit increase in BMI, Alzheimer's onset advanced about seven months.
A high fat diet, but low BMI suggest an altered energy metabolism that may contribute to ALS.
The effect of sodium levels on MS development is linked to genetics and gender.
The benefits were seen across all spectrums of caffeine consumption.
Mice fed diets high in sugar and fat showed reduced cognitive functioning.
Men who ate more trans fat performed worse on memory tests.
Children with autism spectrum disorder had both insufficient and excess nutrient intake.
Following a vegan diet helped lower levels of pain and promote weight loss in patients with diabetic neuropathy.
Researchers observed an acute stimulating effect on the brain and an increase in diastolic blood pressure.
The woman was in otherwise good health before suffering a hemorrhagic stroke after drinking a supplement containing BMPEA.
Less people who ate a healthy diet experienced a drop in cognition than those who ate a less healthy diet.
The amino acid is found in red meat, eggs, fish, and dairy products.
High values of vitamin K are thought to ease deterioration.
Consuming cysteine, found in poultry, eggs, beef, and whole grains, is associated with a reduced risk of stroke.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Higher Levels of Cholesterol May Protect Men From Parkinson Disease
- Early Clinical Traits of Multiple Sclerosis Prodrome Identified
- Chronic Pain May Be Contributor to Suicide
- Ajovy Injection Approved for Migraine Prevention in Adults
- FDA Approves Tiglutik for the Treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- Brivaracetam Effective for Reducing Seizures in Patients with Epileptic Encephalopathies
- Familial Hemiplegic Migraine Attacks May Be Associated With Cortical Swelling
- Natalizumab Improves Cognitive Function in Multiple Sclerosis
- Fremanezumab May Have Long-Term Efficacy as a Prophylactic for Chronic Migraine
- Propofol May Decrease Delay in Neurocognitive Recovery