Diflorasone Ointment Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Diflorasone diacetate 0.05%; oint.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Diflorasone Ointment:
Apply thin film 1–4 times daily.
Do not use superpotent forms on face, groin, or axillae. Exclude viral disease (eg, chickenpox, measles).
May increase risk of cataracts and glaucoma. Treat infection if present; discontinue if infection persists or worsens. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use on diaper dermatitis or pre-existing skin atrophy. Do not use fluorinated steroids longer than 1 week on the face. Avoid abrupt cessation in chronic use. Systemic absorption increased by broken or inflamed skin, prolonged use, application to large surface area, or use of occlusive dressings. Occlude only if necessary; do not occlude higher potency products. Monitor adrenal function in children if a high potency product or occlusion is used, and in adults if more than 50g weekly of a high potency product is used. Discontinue or reduce dose or potency if HPA axis suppression, Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia, glucosuria, or irritation occurs. Use lowest effective dose and potency (esp. in children). Use caution if applying to face or body folds. Do not use continuously or for prophylaxis. Foams are flammable. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Burning, stinging, pruritus, erythema, skin atrophy, striae, miliaria, secondary infections, hypopigmentation, folliculitis, hypertrichosis, acneiform eruptions, dermal cracking and fissuring, telangiectasia, contact dermatitis, other local effects, immunosuppression, masks infections, HPA axis suppression (esp. in children).
Formerly known under the brand name Florone, Psorcon, Psorcon E.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Survival in Parkinson Disease Dependent on Parkinsonian Type, Characteristics
- Case Study Report: Herbal Supplement Kratom Associated With Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Mobile Health Apps for Headache: An Ongoing Search for Clinical Relevancy
- CBD Superior to Placebo, Similar to AEDs for Managing Epilepsy Syndromes
- Young Fresh Frozen Plasma Infusion Safe, Feasible in Alzheimer Disease
- Alemtuzumab Linked to Clinical and MRI Disease Remission in Multiple Sclerosis
- Very Early Mobilization After Stroke Does Not Improve Survival Over Usual Care
- Cognitive Decline Worsens With Memantine, ChEIs in Patients With Alzheimer's
- Cervical Dysfunction Needs Clarification to Identify Link With Headache
- Levodopa Inhalation Powder Approved for Parkinson Disease
- Can Early Initiation of Direct Oral Anticoagulants Prevent Recurrent AFib-Related Stroke?
- Hydrocephalus May Be a Complication of Congenial Zika Syndrome
- Higher CSF NfL Protein Levels Linked to Risk for Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Addressing Cognitive Impairment in Pediatric MS: Expert Q&A
- How the Government Shutdown Affects FDA Activities