Generic Name and Formulations:
Olsalazine sodium 250mg; caps.
Indications for DIPENTUM:
Maintenance of remission in ulcerative colitis in patients intolerant of sulfasalazine.
500mg twice a day with meals.
Monitor urinalysis, BUN, creatinine levels. If diarrhea occurs, monitor serum electrolytes, dehydration status. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Increased prothrombin time with warfarin.
Diarrhea, abdominal pain, rash, pruritus, exacerbation of symptoms of colitis thought to be caused by mesalamine or sulfasalazine.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL