DIPHTHERIA AND TETANUS TOXOIDS ADSORBED (for PEDIATRIC USE) Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids; aluminum adsorbed; susp for IM inj; multi-dose vial preserved with thimerosal, single-dose vials contain trace amounts of thimerosal.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for DIPHTHERIA AND TETANUS TOXOIDS ADSORBED (for PEDIATRIC USE):
Tetanus and diphtheria immunization in patients 6 weeks to 7yrs of age when pertussis vaccine cannot be used.
<6wks and ≥7yrs: not recommended. Give IM in anterolateral thigh or deltoid. 6wks–1yr: three 0.5mL doses 4–8 weeks apart, then 4th dose 6–12 months after third dose. 1–6yrs (up to 7yrs): two 0.5mL doses 4–8 weeks apart, then 3rd dose 6–12 months after the second dose (if >7yrs, use Td vaccine). Booster dose: see literature.
History of systemic allergic or neurologic reactions to a previous dose of DT.
Defer in moderate or severe active respiratory or other febrile infection (may vaccinate if mild or minor illness) or during polio outbreak. Bleeding disorders. Immunosuppressed. Have epinephrine (1:1000) available.
May get suboptimal response with immunosuppressants (eg, chemotherapy, high dose corticosteroids ≥2 weeks, radiation); consider deferring.
Local reactions (eg, erythema, edema), malaise, fever, hypotension, arthralgia, nausea; rare: neurologic disorders.
Multi-dose vial (5mL)—1
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd