DIPROLENE AF Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Bethamethasone, augmented (as dipropionate) 0.05%; crm.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for DIPROLENE AF:
≥13yrs: apply thin film 1–2 times daily; max 50g/week. Lotion: apply a few drops 1–2 times daily; max 50mL/week; max 2 consecutive weeks' treatment per course. Discontinue when control is achieved. Do not occlude.
<13yrs: not recommended.
Avoid use near eyes, on face, groin, or axillae. Do not use for diaper dermatitis or on pre-existing skin atrophy. Risk of HPA axis suppression with high-potency steroids, prolonged use, application to large surface area, use of occlusive dressings, altered skin barrier, liver failure, young age; discontinue gradually, or reduce dose or potency if occurs. Increased risk of posterior subcapsular cataracts and glaucoma; monitor for visual symptoms. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Erythema, folliculitis, pruritus, vesiculation; contact dermatitis (discontinue if irritation occurs), HPA axis suppression (esp. in children); rare: Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia. Also for AF crm: stinging, skin atrophy, telangiectasia, bruising, shininess.
Oint, AF crm—15g, 50g; Lotion—30mL, 60mL
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd