Because of the small size of the study sample, the findings may be limited to this patient population and may be hard to generalize across all pediatric patients with Dravet syndrome.
The FDA has accepted for filing with Priority Review the NDA for cannabidiol as seizure treatment.
ZX008 has received Orphan Drug designation and Fast Track designation by the FDA for the treatment of Dravet syndrome.
Add-on Cannabidiol Generally Safe for Treatment-Resistant Epilepsy, Dravet, Lennox-Gastaut SyndromesDecember 02, 2017
Adverse reactions in the CBD group included decreased appetite, diarrhea, fatigue, lethargy, nasopharyngitis, pneumonia, pyrexia, rash, and somnolence.
In people with Dravet syndrome, language impairments increase with age, suggesting that early intervention with targeted oral motor therapies may be helpful.
Justin Gover, CEO of GW Pharmaceuticals, the parent company of Greenwich Biosciences, discusses the status of the company's cannabidiol product Epidiolex on the heels of positive results from several placebo-controlled trials in epileptic syndromes.
Results of the phase 3, placebo-controlled trial support previous findings from an expanded-access program.
Dr Elizabeth Thiele discusses the latest on cannabidiol research for the treatment of refractory epilepsy.
The drug has already been given Orphan Drug and Fast Track Designation for the treatment of Dravey syndrome.
A large, multi-center study found cannabidiol effective for the reduction of seizures
Implementing a ketogenic diet in patients with drug-resistant epilepsy could produce significant reductions in seizure frequency.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Organic Solvents Plus Genetics May Increase Risk of Multiple Sclerosis
- No Significant Clinical Differences Between Cluster Headaches With and Without Aura
- Co-Prescription of Opioids and Antidepressants Prevalent in Migraine
- Deep Brain Stimulation May Slow Rest Tremor Progression in Parkinson Disease
- Herpesvirus Abundant in Alzheimer Disease Brain, New Study Finds
- Patients' Preferences for Physician Attire Linked to Perception of Care
- Weighing the Risks of Deep Brain Stimulation
- Grey Matter Atrophy Sequence in Multiple Sclerosis Phenotypes
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Fewer Lesions in Multiple Sclerosis
- Risk Factors for Impulse Control Behaviors in Parkinson Disease
- Cardiac Pathology in SUDEP Compared With Sudden Arrhythmic or Traumatic Deaths
- 11.2% of U.S. Adults Aged ≥45 Report Subjective Mental Decline
- AMA Aims to Boost Affordability of ACA Marketplace Plans
- Conscious Sedation Increases Risk of Poor Functional Outcome, Mortality Following Stroke Treatment