Generic Name and Formulations:
Difluprednate 0.05%; oph emulsion.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for DUREZOL:
Post-op inflammation and pain associated with ocular surgery. Endogenous anterior uveitis.
Post-op inflammation/pain: 1 drop into affected eye(s) 4 times daily beginning 24hrs after surgery, continue for 2 weeks post-op, followed by 2 times daily for a week, then taper based on response. Uveitis: 1 drop into affected eye(s) 4 times daily for 14 days, followed by tapering as clinically indicated.
Ocular fungal, viral, or mycobacterial infections.
Do not administer while wearing contacts. Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. History of herpes simplex. May mask or exacerbate ocular infections. Monitor IOP and for secondary infections in prolonged therapy (>10 days). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Corneal edema, ciliary and conjunctival hyperemia, eye pain, photophobia, posterior capsule opacification, anterior chamber cells and flare, conjunctival edema, blepharitis, blurred vision, eye irritation, headache, iritis, limbal hyperemia, punctate keratitis, uveitis; cataract formation, corneal perforation. Prolonged use may increase: IOP, optic nerve damage, visual acuity and field defects. May delay healing and increase bleb formation after cataract surgery.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Clarifying Cardiovascular Risk in Migraine
- More Evidence Supports Benefits of Cannabidiol for Treatment-Resistant Epilepsy
- Parkinson Disease Symptom Fluctuations Well-Managed With Adaptive Deep Brain Stimulation
- Monthly Erenumab Reduces Frequency of Episodic Migraine
- Female Gender, Natalizumab Exposure Associated With Increased Lymphopenia Risk in FNG-Treated MS
- Tamsulosin Associated With Dementia Risk in Older Patients With BPH
- Gait Difficulty in Parkinson Disease May Be Associated With More Progressive Disease Course
- Tau PET a Useful Biomarker for Alzheimer Disease Risk and Progression
- Multiple Sclerosis Drug Zinbryta Withdrawn From the Market
- Predicting Seizure Risk Following Ischemic Stroke With SeLECT Score
- Surgical Outcomes Associated With Trigger Site Deactivation for Migraines
- Combined Exercise Training Increases BDNF in Relapsing-Remitting MS
- Exome-Targeted Capture Sequencing Can Diagnose Previously-Undetected Ataxia
- Strategies for Preventing and Treating Delirium
- High Total Cholesterol Neuroprotective Against Cognitive Decline