Generic Name and Formulations:
Azelastine HCl, fluticasone propionate 137mcg/50mcg; per 0.137mL metered nasal spray; aqueous suspension.
Indications for DYMISTA:
Seasonal allergic rhinitis.
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not established. ≥6yrs: 1 spray per nostril twice daily.
Avoid use in recent nasal ulcers, nasal surgery, or nasal trauma. Respiratory tract tuberculosis. Infections (eg, fungal, bacterial, viral, ocular herpes simplex). Avoid exposure to chickenpox and measles; if exposed, consider anti-infective prophylactic therapy. If adrenal insufficiency exists following systemic corticosteroid therapy, replacement with topical corticosteroids may exacerbate symptoms of adrenal insufficiency (eg, lassitude, depression). Monitor growth routinely in children. Monitor for hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occur discontinue gradually), and Candida infection or other nasal mucosal changes. History of increased intraocular pressure, glaucoma, and/or cataracts; monitor any change in vision. Avoid eyes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antihistamine + corticosteroid.
Avoid alcohol or other CNS depressants. Concomitant ritonavir: not recommended. Caution with other potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole).
Dysgeusia, epistaxis, headache; somnolence, vision changes.
Pump (23g)—120 sprays
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Gender and Multiple Sclerosis: How It Influences Prognosis and Future Treatment
- Significant Variations in Epilepsy Surgical Strategy, Deficit Reporting Exist
- Thrombolysis With Tenecteplase Is as Safe as Alteplase in Stroke Mimics
- Loss of Function Variants in LRRK1 and LRRK2 Not Linked to Parkinson Disease
- Smoking Promotes Disease Progression in Multiple Sclerosis
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- ZTlido Patch for Post-Shingles Pain Launching Soon
- Managing Complications of Intrathecal Baclofen Therapy
- Deep Brain Stimulation Reduces Tremor Symptoms in Parkinson Disease
- FDA Issues Statement Addressing Safety Concerns Associated With Nuplazid
- Prevalence of Autoimmune Encephalitis in Herpes Simplex Encephalitis Explored