ADS-5102 is a promising treatment option: if taken once daily at night, it achieves highest plasma drug concentrations throughout the day when symptoms are most bothersome.
Adamas announced that Gocovri extended-release capsules are now available for the treatment of dyskinesia in Parkinson's patients.
Patients with dyskinesia had a significantly higher frequency of impulse control disorders.
Gocovri is the first treatment for dyskinesia approved for patients with Parkinson's disease who are receiving levodopa therapy.
Patients in the treatment group had improved ON and OFF times and no worsening of motor function.
Dextromethorphan is thought to have an impact on all 3 therapeutic pathways for dyskinesia.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA: Lamotrigine Linked to Potentially Life-Threatening Adverse Reaction
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics