Econazole Nitrate Cream Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Econazole nitrate 1%; crm.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Econazole Nitrate Cream:
Tinea pedis, t. cruris, t. corporis, t. versicolor, cutaneous candidiasis.
Adults and Children:
T. pedis, t. versicolor, t. cruris, t. corporis: apply once daily. Cutaneous candidiasis: twice daily. Continue for 4 weeks for t. pedis; others 2 weeks.
Discontinue if sensitization or excessive irritation occurs. Elderly. Pregnancy (not recommended in 1st trimester, unless essential). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates warfarin; monitor INR/PT.
Burning, itching, erythema, stinging.
Formerly known under the brand name Spectazole.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL