Econazole Nitrate Cream Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Econazole nitrate 1%; crm.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Econazole Nitrate Cream:
Tinea pedis, t. cruris, t. corporis, t. versicolor, cutaneous candidiasis.
Adults and Children:
T. pedis, t. versicolor, t. cruris, t. corporis: apply once daily. Cutaneous candidiasis: twice daily. Continue for 4 weeks for t. pedis; others 2 weeks.
Discontinue if sensitization or excessive irritation occurs. Elderly. Pregnancy (not recommended in 1st trimester, unless essential). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates warfarin; monitor INR/PT.
Burning, itching, erythema, stinging.
Formerly known under the brand name Spectazole.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Vitamin D3 Associated With Reductions in Migraine Days Among Migraineurs
- Hemicrania Continua: Diagnosis and Treatment
- Psychiatric Adverse Effects from Levetiracetam Linked to Certain Factors
- Predicting Outcomes in Parkinson Disease: Utility of EEG
- Prolonged Aura in Migraine Linked to More Sensory Symptoms
- Overlapping Phenomenology in Focal Motor Epilepsy and Movement Disorders
- Walgreens Now Offers Next-Day Prescription Medication Delivery With FedEx
- MFIQ Comprehensively Evaluates Migraine Intervention Outcomes
- Lorcaserin May Reduce Motor Seizures in Pediatric Treatment-Resistant Epilepsy
- Guidance for Antibiotic Use in Myasthenia Gravis