ECONTRA EZ OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Levonorgestrel 1.5mg; tabs.
Indications for ECONTRA EZ:
Prevention of pregnancy after known or suspected contraceptive failure or unprotected intercourse. Not for use as regular contraceptive.
Rule out pregnancy first. ≥17yrs: Take one single-dose as soon as possible but no later than 72hrs after unprotected intercourse. If vomiting occurs within 2hrs, may consider repeating dose (consult physician).
<17yrs: not applicable.
See full labeling. Known or suspected pregnancy.
See full labeling. Ectopic pregnancy. Does not protect against HIV/AIDS or STDs.
Drugs (eg, barbiturates, carbamazepine, phenytoin) or herbal products (eg, St. John's wort) that induce certain enzymes (eg, CYP3A4) may decrease effectiveness.
Menstrual changes, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, fatigue, headache, dizziness, breast pain/tenderness.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Models Predict Intracerebral Hemorrhage Growth
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy