Aubagio may cause delays in conversion to clinical definite MS by slowing the loss of cortical grey matter.
Patients experienced reduced disease activity when switched to alemtuzumab.
Data show superiority of OCREVUS compared to Rebif in reducing disability progression independent of relapse activity in people with RMS.
Celgene announced new Phase 3 data evaluating the safety and efficacy of ozanimod vs Avonex for RMS.
There are no FDA-approved MS therapies for the pediatric population.
An emerging line of inquiry suggests a potential association between comorbidities and MS relapses, but studies have been limited.
Patients with multiple sclerosis who experience severe fatigue should be screened for obstructive sleep apnea.
In patients with multiple sclerosis, lesions in the right dorsolateral prefrontal cortex may be associated with hypoalgesia, and lesions in the posterior periventricular area, with hyperalgesia.
Researchers believe that environmental factors may impact disease severity characteristics in genetically susceptible populations.
With its 20-minute application time, the BICAMS is one of the few tools available for small centers with only a few staff members who might not be trained in administering neuropsychological tests.
Viral load of Epstien-Barr virus and human herpesvirus 6 may be higher in patients with MS who also have low vitamin D levels.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Organic Solvents Plus Genetics May Increase Risk of Multiple Sclerosis
- No Significant Clinical Differences Between Cluster Headaches With and Without Aura
- Co-Prescription of Opioids and Antidepressants Prevalent in Migraine
- Deep Brain Stimulation May Slow Rest Tremor Progression in Parkinson Disease
- Herpesvirus Abundant in Alzheimer Disease Brain, New Study Finds
- Patients' Preferences for Physician Attire Linked to Perception of Care
- Weighing the Risks of Deep Brain Stimulation
- Grey Matter Atrophy Sequence in Multiple Sclerosis Phenotypes
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Fewer Lesions in Multiple Sclerosis
- Risk Factors for Impulse Control Behaviors in Parkinson Disease
- Cardiac Pathology in SUDEP Compared With Sudden Arrhythmic or Traumatic Deaths
- 11.2% of U.S. Adults Aged ≥45 Report Subjective Mental Decline
- AMA Aims to Boost Affordability of ACA Marketplace Plans
- Conscious Sedation Increases Risk of Poor Functional Outcome, Mortality Following Stroke Treatment