Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcium acetate 667mg (elemental calcium 169mg); tabs.
Indications for ELIPHOS:
Hyperphosphatemia in end stage renal failure.
Initially 2 tabs with each meal; may adjust dose to keep serum phosphate <6mg/dL. Usual dose: 3–4 tabs per meal.
Monitor serum calcium twice weekly during early dose adjustments, and serum phosphorus periodically. Ensure serum (Ca x P) to remain <66. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Avoid digitalis, calcium supplements, antacids. May antagonize tetracyclines.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Gender and Multiple Sclerosis: How It Influences Prognosis and Future Treatment
- Significant Variations in Epilepsy Surgical Strategy, Deficit Reporting Exist
- Thrombolysis With Tenecteplase Is as Safe as Alteplase in Stroke Mimics
- Loss of Function Variants in LRRK1 and LRRK2 Not Linked to Parkinson Disease
- Smoking Promotes Disease Progression in Multiple Sclerosis
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- ZTlido Patch for Post-Shingles Pain Launching Soon
- Managing Complications of Intrathecal Baclofen Therapy
- Deep Brain Stimulation Reduces Tremor Symptoms in Parkinson Disease
- FDA Issues Statement Addressing Safety Concerns Associated With Nuplazid
- Prevalence of Autoimmune Encephalitis in Herpes Simplex Encephalitis Explored