Generic Name and Formulations:
Rasburicase (recombinant) 1.5mg, 7.5mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; contains mannitol.
Indications for ELITEK:
Single course treatment for initial management of plasma uric acid levels in patients with leukemia, lymphoma, and solid tumor malignancies who are receiving anti-cancer therapy expected to result in tumor lysis and subsequent elevation of plasma uric acid.
Adults and Children:
Give by IV infusion over 30 mins. 0.2mg/kg daily for 5 days. Dosing >5 days or more than one course of treatment: not recommended.
History of anaphylaxis, or development of hemolytic reactions or methemoglobinemia to rasburicase. G6PD deficiency.
Anaphylaxis. Hemolysis. Methemoglobinemia. Interference with uric acid measurements.
Discontinue permanently if serious hypersensitivity reactions (including anaphylaxis), hemolysis, or methemoglobinemia develops. Screen high risk patients (eg, African or Mediterranean ancestry) for G6PD deficiency prior to initiation. Pregnancy (Cat.C); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Interferes with uric acid measurements in blood samples left at room temperature.
GI upset, pyrexia, peripheral edema, anxiety, headache, abdominal pain, constipation, hypophosphatemia, hyperbilirubinemia, mucositis, sepsis; anaphylaxis, hemolysis, methemoglobinemia.
Single-use vials 1.5mg—3 (w. diluent); 7.5mg—1 (w. diluent)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Gender and Multiple Sclerosis: How It Influences Prognosis and Future Treatment
- Significant Variations in Epilepsy Surgical Strategy, Deficit Reporting Exist
- Thrombolysis With Tenecteplase Is as Safe as Alteplase in Stroke Mimics
- Loss of Function Variants in LRRK1 and LRRK2 Not Linked to Parkinson Disease
- Smoking Promotes Disease Progression in Multiple Sclerosis
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- ZTlido Patch for Post-Shingles Pain Launching Soon
- Managing Complications of Intrathecal Baclofen Therapy
- Deep Brain Stimulation Reduces Tremor Symptoms in Parkinson Disease
- FDA Issues Statement Addressing Safety Concerns Associated With Nuplazid
- Prevalence of Autoimmune Encephalitis in Herpes Simplex Encephalitis Explored