ELOCON LOTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Mometasone furoate 0.1%.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for ELOCON LOTION:
≥12yrs: apply a few drops to affected areas once daily. Discontinue when control is achieved. Do not occlude.
<12yrs: not recommended.
Avoid use near eyes, on face, groin, or axillae. Do not use for diaper dermatitis. Risk of HPA axis suppression with high-potency steroids, prolonged use, application to large surface area, use of occlusive dressings, altered skin barrier, liver failure, young age; discontinue gradually, or reduce dose or potency if occurs. Increased risk of posterior subcapsular cataracts and glaucoma; monitor for visual symptoms. Treat infection if present; discontinue if infection persists or worsens. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Burning, pruritus, skin atrophy, tingling/stinging, furunculosis, acneiform reaction, folliculitis; allergic contact dermatitis (discontinue if irritation occurs), HPA axis suppression (esp. in children); rare: Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia.
Oint—15g, 45g; Crm—15g, 50g; Lotion—30mL, 60mL
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Serious Adverse Events Profile for Cladribine Confirmed With Extended Data
- Unintended Pregnancy Common in Women With Epilepsy
- Aggressive Blood Pressure Lowering in Intracerebral Hemorrhage May Be Harmful
- Risk of Opioid-Benzodiazepine Overlap Up for Dual Prescribing
- Minority Residents Experience Burdens Linked to Race/Ethnicity
- Tips Provided for Budgeting in Medical Residency