Generic Name and Formulations:
Elotuzumab 300mg, 400mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for EMPLICITI:
In combination with lenalidomide and dexamethasone, for the treatment of patients with multiple myeloma who have received 1–3 prior therapies.
Give by IV infusion at initial rate of 0.5mL/min; may increase stepwise if no reactions develop; max rate 2mL/min (see full labeling). After 4 cycles, infusion rate may be increased up to max 5mL/min. Administer with lenalidomide and dexamethasone (see full labeling for dosing schedule). 10mg/kg every week for the first 2 cycles then every 2 weeks thereafter; continue until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Premedicate with dexamethasone, H1 blocker, H2 blocker, and acetaminophen before each infusion. Dose modifications: see full labeling.
Consult lenalidomide and dexamethasone prescribing information for contraindications before starting therapy.
Interrupt infusion if Grade ≥2 infusion reactions occur and manage appropriately. Monitor for development of infections and treat promptly. Monitor for second primary malignancies. Monitor liver function periodically; discontinue if Grade ≥3 elevation of liver enzymes occur; consider resuming after return to baseline values. Pregnancy: not studied. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
SLAMF7-directed immunostimulatory antibody.
May interfere with correct response classification in SPEP and serum immunofixation assays.
Fatigue, diarrhea, pyrexia, constipation, cough, peripheral neuropathy, nasopharyngitis, upper respiratory tract infection, decreased appetite, pneumonia.
For lenalidomide and dexamethasone specific dosing and safety information, refer to the respective full prescribing labels.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- Court Rules That U.S. Must Halt Sales of Pesticide Chlorpyrifos
- Both Abstinence and High Alcohol Use Linked to Dementia
- Therapeutic Plasma Exchange Effectively Improves Ambulation in Pediatric Transverse Myelitis
- TBI Linked to Increased Suicide Risk
- OnabotulinumtoxinA for Post-Stroke Spasticity: Treatment Strategies and Limitations