Generic Name and Formulations:
Mebendazole 100mg; chew tabs.
Impax Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for EMVERM:
Enterobiasis (pinworm). Trichuriasis (whipworm). Ascariasis (common roundworm). Uncinariasis (common or American hookworm).
Adults and Children:
Chew, swallow or crush and mix with food. Enterobiasis: 100mg as a single dose. Other parasites: 100mg AM and PM for 3 consecutive days. May repeat after 3 weeks.
Periodically assess organ system functions including hematopoietic and hepatic during prolonged therapy. Children <2 years. Pregnancy (Cat.C): not recommended (esp. during 1st trimester). Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by cimetidine.
Abdominal pain, diarrhea; rare: hypersensitivity reactions, convulsions, neutropenia, agranulocytosis, hepatitis.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure