Enalaprilat Injection Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Enalaprilat 1.25mg/mL; soln for IV inj.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Enalaprilat Injection:
To reduce blood pressure when oral therapy is not practical.
Give by IV inj over 5 minutes (administer over a longer period of time [up to 1 hour] in patients at risk for excessive hypotension). 1.25mg every 6 hours; max 20mg/day. Concomitant diuretics or CrCl≤30mL/min: initially 0.625mg; if inadequate response after 1 hour, may give additional 0.625mg dose; additional doses of 1.25mg may be given every 6 hours thereafter.
History of ACEI-associated or other angioedema. Pregnancy (Cat.D in 2nd and 3rd trimesters).
Renal or hepatic impairment. Salt/volume depletion. Severe CHF. Renal artery or aortic stenosis. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Monitor for neutropenia in renal or collagen vascular disease. Monitor for hyperkalemia in diabetics. Dialysis. Surgery. Discontinue if laryngeal edema, angioedema, marked elevations of liver enzymes or jaundice occurs. Black patients may have higher risk of angioedema than non-black patients. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C in 1st trimester). Nursing mothers.
Hypotension with diuretics. Hyperkalemia with K+-sparing diuretics or K+ supplements. May increase lithium levels. May be antagonized by NSAIDS.
Headache, orthostatic hypotension, asthenia, hyperkalemia, renal impairment, nausea, cough; angioedema, liver dysfunction, blood dyscrasias (rare).
Formerly known under the brand name Vasotec.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL