ENSURE POWDER OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Protein (casein, soy), carbohydrate (corn syrup, maltodextrin, sucrose), fat (corn oil), vitamins, minerals; low residue; vanilla flavor; lactose- and gluten-free.
Indications for ENSURE POWDER:
Oral nutritional supplement (eg, nutritional deficiency, weight loss, recovering from illness or surgery, low residue diets). Occasional meal replacement. Between meal snack. Sole source feeding.
Adults and Children:
Provides 250Cal/8 oz. Pwd: add ½ cup of powder to ¾ cup of cold water for one 8oz serving. For seven 8 oz servings: add 1 can of powder to 5 ¼ cups cold water. Stir, whisk until dissolved. May use blender or mixer at lowest speed for 30 sec. Refrigerate mixed powder until served.
Medical nutritional supplement.
Ensure Ready to Use (cans, bottles)—8oz, 32oz; Pwd (cans)—14 oz; Pudding (cups)—4 oz
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- OnabotulinumtoxinA for Post-Stroke Spasticity: Treatment Strategies and Limitations
- Tau Associated With Loss of Anterior Temporal White Matter Integrity
- Location Probability Learning Unimpaired in Parkinson Disease
- Prenatal Tdap Vaccination Not Linked to Autism Risk
- AMA Adopts Policy to Advance Gender Equity in Medicine