ENTEX LQ OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Guaifenesin 100mg, phenylephrine HCl 10mg; per 5mL; liq; strawberry flavor; alcohol- and sugar-free.
Indications for ENTEX LQ:
Nasal, sinus and chest congestion. Cough.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. 2 to <6yrs: 1.25mL. 6 to <12yrs: 2.5mL. ≥12yrs: 5mL. Repeat every 4hrs as needed; max 6 doses/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Asthma. GI or GU obstruction. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Expectorant + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized.
Nervousness, dizziness, insomnia.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Serious Adverse Events Profile for Cladribine Confirmed With Extended Data
- Unintended Pregnancy Common in Women With Epilepsy
- Aggressive Blood Pressure Lowering in Intracerebral Hemorrhage May Be Harmful
- Risk of Opioid-Benzodiazepine Overlap Up for Dual Prescribing
- Minority Residents Experience Burdens Linked to Race/Ethnicity
- Tips Provided for Budgeting in Medical Residency