Before we begin to rely more heavily on technology for seizure detection, clinician-patient trust needs to improve.
Cannabidiol may be effective as add-on treatment for drop seizures associated with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.
The FDA has approved Afinitor Disperz for the adjunctive treatment of patients aged ≥2 years with TSC-associated partial-onset seizures.
The risk of unnatural death is increased among people with epilepsy.
Because of the small size of the study sample, the findings may be limited to this patient population and may be hard to generalize across all pediatric patients with Dravet syndrome.
The small sample size included in the study precludes the ability to make generalized statements about electroencephalogram pattern characteristics in the entire pediatric patient population with BECTS.
Best diagnostics and evidence-based treatments should be used from the start of the disease.
Exposure to sodium valproate or a combination of antiepileptic drugs in utero is associated with worse attainment on national educational tests.
The proposed pediatric indications are based on a 2018 Draft Guidance that supports extrapolating efficacy data of approved drugs to treat POS in adults to pediatric patients aged ≥4 years.
The registers used in this study did not collect information on whether individuals with epilepsy were actually responsible for the transportation accidents.
Pharmaceutical-grade CBD used as adjunctive therapy in patients with pediatric-onset drug-resistant epilepsy may reduce the frequency of seizures.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Palliative Care in Movement Disorders: Recommendations for Improvement
- The Symbiosis of Headache and Sleep
- Assessing and Treating Cognitive, Mood Impairments in Patients With Stroke
- Headache in Older Adults: Unique Causes and Treatments
- Neurosurgery in Parkinson Disease: A Brief History and Look Forward
- CSF Chitinase-3-Like Protein 1 Level Not Predictor of RIS Conversion
- MS Disease-Modifying Therapy May Safely Be Discontinued in Older Patients
- Add-On Cannabidiol for Treatment-Resistant Drop Seizures in Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
- Post-Recanalization Stroke Score More Effective Than Baseline Score for Predicting 3-Month Outcome
- Psychosis Could Be a Potential Side Effect of Steroid Treatment in Kids