There are considerations for treating these seizures as part of the overall goals of palliative care, which include the family's experience.
It is likely that both maternal age and socioeconomic status contribute to the higher rates of pregnancy in WWE compared with women without epilepsy.
Safety data for Fycompa was consistent with the safety profile in adult populations without the need for weight-based dosing.
Drugs with a Schedule V classification have proven medical use and low abuse potential.
The Company states that the NDA is supported by robust clinical trial data, including patients studies where more than 1600 seizures were treated with Valtoco nasal spray.
The odds of language delay were lower at 18 months and 36 months in children exposed to AEDs in utero whose mothers took folic acid.
This widespread variation in strategies may contribute to undesirable outcomes that are characterized by poor seizure control and added deficits.
Although 2 patients experienced an increase in seizure frequency, the remaining patients did not experience a change in frequency.
Countable seizure types were recorded in parents' and caregivers' clinical diaries during a 4-week baseline period.
The investigators sought to detect whether neuroimaging during an emergency department visit was associated with acute changes in the management of patients.
The risk for late-onset epilepsy was lower in patients with higher physical activity levels and moderate alcohol intake.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure