There are considerations for treating these seizures as part of the overall goals of palliative care, which include the family's experience.
Investigators evaluated seizure stimulation parameters, electroclinical data, semiology, and anatomical localization in spontaneous and stimulated seizures.
Investigators analyzed the NBEA gene to determine whether or not it could be a biomarker for early childhood epilepsy.
Myoclonic-Atonic Seizures and Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Present With Overlapping Features, Difficulty in Diagnosis
Patients with a higher number of Lennox-Gastaut syndrome traits had a greater likelihood of ongoing seizures, and each additionally observed Lennox-Gastaut syndrome trait was associated with half the likelihood of achieving seizure freedom.
Compared with nonmotor seizures, there was a significant difference with basal ganglia and thalamus coactivation in terms of seizures with elementary motor signs and automatisms.
Lorcaserin may reduce seizure frequency in patients with Dravet syndrome and severe childhood-onset epilepsies.
The study utilized the Vaccine Safety Datalink and included children who received the first dose of a measles-containing vaccine between 12 and 23 months old during the study period of January 1, 2003 to September 20, 2015.
Investigators assessed the frequency of bilateral independent periodic discharges in patients experiencing electrographic seizures and their effect on patient mortality and clinical outcomes.
Researchers examined a database of seizure-related deaths to determine whether cause was drowning or sudden unexpected death in epilepsy.
Aquestive Therapeutics announced that the FDA has approved Sympazan oral film as adjunctive treatment of seizures associated with LGS in patients aged ≥2 years old.
Researchers used analytic techniques from circular statistics to quantify the prevalence, frequency, and strength of seizure cycles in patients with epilepsy.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Surgical, Nonsurgical Treatments for Chronic Migraine: Evidence and Relevancy
- Neurofilament Light Biomarkers Identify Alzheimer Disease Risk in Down Syndrome
- Myoclonic-Atonic Seizures and Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Present With Overlapping Features, Difficulty in Diagnosis
- Tap Water in Neti Pot Linked to Brain Infection, Death From Balamuthia mandrillaris
- Rituximab Effects in Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorders
- Study Identifies Early-Onset Motor Behaviors in DES-Triggered Seizures
- Autoimmune Diseases Increase Hippocampal Sclerosis Risk in Nonagenarians
- Smaller Heads Related to Opioid-Related Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Hearing Loss in Older Adults Linked to Depression, Dementia Among Other Comorbidities
- Bumetanide May Benefit Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder