Generic Name and Formulations:
Erythromycin (as base) 250mg, 333mg, 500mg; e-c tabs.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
- Cladribine Tablets Reduce Relapses in Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis
- Efficacy of Cladribine Tablets in Patients With Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis
- Crossed Cerebellar Diaschisis May Be Benign in Migraine With Aura
Indications for ERY-TAB:
Susceptible infections including upper and lower respiratory, skin and soft tissue, genitourinary, Legionnaires' disease, pertussis, listeriosis.
250mg every 6 hours, 500mg every 12 hours, or 333mg every 8 hours; max 4g/day; twice daily dosing max 1g/day. Legionnaires: 1–4g/day in divided doses.
30–50mg/kg/day in divided doses; max 100mg/kg/day.
Concomitant cisapride, pimozide.
Hepatic dysfunction. Myasthenia gravis. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. May potentiate or be potentiated by drugs metabolized by CYP450 (eg, carbamazepine, cyclosporine, tacrolimus, hexobarbital, phenytoin, alfentanil, disopyramide, bromocriptine, valproate). May potentiate warfarin, triazolam, midazolam, methylprednisolone, digoxin, theophylline, ergotamine. Avoid use with statins (rhabdomyolysis).
GI upset, abdominal pain, anorexia, hepatic dysfunction, rash, superinfection; pseudomembranous colitis, (rare).
250mg—30, 40, 100, 500; 333mg—30, 100, 500; 500mg—100
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure