EXCEDRIN EXTRA STRENGTH OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 250mg, aspirin 250mg, caffeine 65mg; caplets.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for EXCEDRIN EXTRA STRENGTH:
Minor aches and pains.
Take with full glass of water. 2 caplets every 6 hours as needed; max 8 caplets/day.
NSAID allergy. Varicella, vaccinia in children and teenagers. 3rd trimester of pregnancy.
Reye's syndrome. Persistent or unresponsive headache. Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. Asthma. Peptic ulcer. GI bleeding disorders. Liver cirrhosis. Hepatic or renal impairment. Discontinue if signs/symptoms of GI bleed, tinnitus, loss of hearing, or new symptoms occur. Reevaluate if pain worsens or persists for >10 days or if fever worsens or persists for >3 days. Elderly (≥60yrs). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Analgesic + salicylate.
May potentiate anticoagulants, hypoglycemics, methotrexate. May antagonize uricosurics. Increased risk of liver toxicity and/or GI bleed with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day or concomitant other drugs containing acetaminophen, NSAIDs. Caution with diuretics, corticosteroids.
Gastric upset, prolonged bleeding time, urticaria, anaphylaxis; overdosage: salicylism, hepatoxicity.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Gender and Multiple Sclerosis: How It Influences Prognosis and Future Treatment
- Natalizumab Improves Cognitive Function in Multiple Sclerosis
- Significant Variations in Epilepsy Surgical Strategy, Deficit Reporting Exist
- Thrombolysis With Tenecteplase Is as Safe as Alteplase in Stroke Mimics
- Smoking Promotes Disease Progression in Multiple Sclerosis
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- Multiple Sclerosis Increases Risk for Infection During Pregnancy
- Magnesium Has No Effect on Cognitive Outcomes Following Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Incorporating Guidelines Into Clinical Practice: An Interview With Gary L. LeRoy, MD
- Combo Physical, Mental Activity Prevents Cognitive Decline
- Medicaid Expansion Linked to Gains in Insurance Coverage