EXONDYS 51 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Eteplirsen 50mg/mL; per vial; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Indications for EXONDYS 51:
Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) in patients with a confirmed DMD gene mutation that is amenable to exon 51 skipping.
Adults and Children:
May apply topical anesthetic cream to IV site prior to administration. Give by IV infusion over 35–60mins. 30mg/kg once weekly.
Treat appropriately and consider slowing the infusion or interrupting therapy if a hypersensitivity reaction occurs. Renal or hepatic impairment. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Do not mix or infuse with other medications concomitantly via same IV access line.
Balance disorder, vomiting, contact dermatitis; hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-dose vial (2mL, 10mL)—1
Neurology Advisor Articles
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- Significant Variations in Epilepsy Surgical Strategy, Deficit Reporting Exist
- Smoking Promotes Disease Progression in Multiple Sclerosis
- Situation Framing, Language Can Influence Decision-Making
- Thrombolysis With Tenecteplase Is as Safe as Alteplase in Stroke Mimics
- FDA: Opioid Analgesic REMS Expanded to Include Immediate-Release Products