Generic Name and Formulations:
Fenofibric acid 35mg, 105mg; tabs.
Indications for FIBRICOR:
Adjunct to diet in severe hypertriglyceridemia (≥500mg/dL), and to reduce elevated total-C, LDL-C, apo B, and TG, and to increase HDL-C, in primary hypercholesterolemia and mixed dyslipidemia. Limitations of use: was not shown to reduce coronary heart disease morbidity and mortality in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Hypertriglyceridemia: 35–105mg/day, adjust at 4–8 week intervals. Hypercholesterolemia, dyslipidemia: 105mg/day. Renal impairment: initially 35mg/day. Discontinue if inadequate response after 2 months on max dose.
Severe renal dysfunction (including dialysis). Active liver disease. Primary biliary cirrhosis. Unexplained persistent liver function abnormalities. Gallbladder disease. Nursing mothers.
Renal impairment: monitor. Monitor CBCs for first year; monitor liver function; discontinue if ALT levels >3xULN persist. Discontinue if markedly elevated CPK levels, myopathy, gallstones, hypersensitivity reactions, or paradoxical decreases in HDL occur. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
May potentiate oral anticoagulants (monitor). Allow at least 1 hour before or 4–6 hours after bile acid sequestrants. Caution with colchicine, immunosuppressants (eg, cyclosporine), other nephrotoxic drugs.
Abnormal liver tests, increased AST, increased ALT, increased CPK, rhinitis; myopathy, pancreatitis, cholelithiasis, hematological changes, hypersensitivity reactions (may be severe).
Tabs 35mg—30, 105mg—30, 90
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd