Generic Name and Formulations:
Degarelix 80mg/vial, 120mg/vial; pwd for SC inj after reconstitution.
Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for FIRMAGON:
Advanced prostate cancer.
Give by SC inj in abdomen once every 28 days; avoid waist and rib areas. Two 120mg injections once, then one 80mg inj once every 28 days.
Congenital long QT syndrome. CHF. Correct electrolyte abnormalities. Monitor electrolytes and ECG periodically. Monitor serum PSA. Discontinue if serious hypersensitivity reaction occurs; do not rechallenge. Moderate or severe renal impairment (CrCl <50mL/min). Severe hepatic impairment. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Caution with concomitant drugs known to prolong the QT interval.
Inj site reactions (eg, pain, erythema, swelling, induration), hot flashes, increased weight, fatigue, increased transaminases, increased gamma-glutamyltransferase; QT prolongation.
Treatment Initiation pack (120mg/vial)—2 (w. supplies); Treatment Maintenance pack (80mg/vial)—1 (w. supplies)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Serious Adverse Events Profile for Cladribine Confirmed With Extended Data
- Patients With Multiple Sclerosis Face Greater Infection Risk
- Ozanimod Reduces Severe Relapses in Multiple Sclerosis More Than Interferon Beta-1a