FLEET ENEMA OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Monobasic sodium phosphate 19g, dibasic sodium phosphate 7g; per 118mL; latex-free; contains 4.4g sodium per enema.
Fleet, C.B., Company
Indications for FLEET ENEMA:
Occasional constipation or bowel cleansing before rectal exam.
1 enema rectally daily; may be used up to 7 days. Results usually within 1–5mins; re-evaluate if no relief after 7 days.
Use other forms.
Megacolon. Bowel obstruction. Imperforate anus. CHF.
Sodium restricted diet. Impaired renal or cardiac function. Electrolyte disturbances. Colostomy. Discontinue if rectal bleeding or if no bowel movement occurs. Frequent use leads to dependence. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Electrolyte imbalances possible with calcium channel blockers, diuretics; use cautiously.
Original enema—133mL; Extra—230mL
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- OnabotulinumtoxinA for Post-Stroke Spasticity: Treatment Strategies and Limitations
- Tau Associated With Loss of Anterior Temporal White Matter Integrity
- Location Probability Learning Unimpaired in Parkinson Disease
- Prenatal Tdap Vaccination Not Linked to Autism Risk
- AMA Adopts Policy to Advance Gender Equity in Medicine