FLUBLOK QUADRIVALENT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Quadrivalent, recombinant hemagglutinin (virus types A and B); contains a total of 180mcg recombinant hemagglutinin per 0.5mL dose; formulation changes annually; soln for IM inj; egg-, antibiotic-, preservative-free.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for FLUBLOK QUADRIVALENT:
≥18yrs: 0.5mL by IM inj once in the deltoid.
3–<18yrs: not established.
Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of previous flu vaccine. Immunosuppressed. Have appropriate treatment available to manage anaphylaxis. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant vaccines: insufficient data (see full labeling). Immunosuppressants: may get suboptimal response.
Inj site tenderness and pain, headache, fatigue, myalgia, arthralgia.
Single-dose prefilled syringes (0.5mL)—10
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Serious Adverse Events Profile for Cladribine Confirmed With Extended Data
- Unintended Pregnancy Common in Women With Epilepsy
- Aggressive Blood Pressure Lowering in Intracerebral Hemorrhage May Be Harmful
- Risk of Opioid-Benzodiazepine Overlap Up for Dual Prescribing
- Minority Residents Experience Burdens Linked to Race/Ethnicity
- Tips Provided for Budgeting in Medical Residency