Generic Name and Formulations:
Trivalent, recombinant hemagglutinin (virus types A and B); contains a total of 135mcg recombinant hemagglutinin per 0.5mL dose; formulation changes annually; soln for IM inj; egg-, antibiotic-, preservative-free.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for FLUBLOK:
≥18yrs: 0.5mL by IM inj once in the deltoid.
3–<18yrs: not established.
Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of previous flu vaccine. Immunosuppressed. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant vaccines: insufficient data (see full labeling). Immunosuppressants: may get suboptimal response.
Inj site pain, headache, fatigue, myalgia.
Single-dose vial (0.5mL)—10
Neurology Advisor Articles
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- New 15-Item Dyspnea-ALS-Score Assesses Dyspnea in ALS
- CDC: About One in Five U.S. Adults Have Chronic Pain
- Fingolimod Cuts Multiple Sclerosis Relapses in Pediatric Patients
- Gains in Insurance Coverage Seen for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual Adults
- Brivaracetam Effective for Reducing Seizures in Patients with Epileptic Encephalopathies