FLUZONE QUADRIVALENT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Quadrivalent inactivated "split virus" influenza vaccine (Types A and B); 0.25mL dose contains a total of 30mcg of influenza virus hemmagglutinin; 0.5mL dose contains a total of 60mcg of influenza virus hemmagglutinin; formulation changes annually; susp for IM inj; preservative-, antibiotic-free.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for FLUZONE QUADRIVALENT:
Adults and Children:
<6 months: not recommended. 6 months–8yrs: 1 or 2 doses/season (depending on vaccination history as per annual ACIP recommendation); if 2 doses/season; give at least 4 weeks apart. 6–35 months: 0.25mL IM. ≥3yrs: 0.5mL IM. Infants: give in anterolateral thigh; toddlers, young children and adults: give in deltoid muscle.
Allergy to egg proteins. Life-threatening reaction to any previous flu vaccine.
Use current formulation only. Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of previous flu vaccine. Immunosuppressed. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Pregnancy (Cat.C for IM and High-Dose; Cat.B for Intradermal, Intradermal Quadrivalent). Nursing mothers.
Immunosuppressants: may get suboptimal response.
Local reactions (eg, pain, tenderness, swelling, erythema), malaise, headache, myalgia, irritability.
Fluzone, Fluzone Quadrivalent prefilled syringe (0.25mL, 0.5mL)—10; Single-dose vial (0.5mL)—10; Fluzone multi-dose vial (5mL)—1 (contains thimerosal); Fluzone High-Dose prefilled syringe (0.5mL)—10; Fluzone Intradermal, Fluzone Intradermal Quadrivalent single-dose prefilled microinjection system (0.1mL)—10
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Ajovy Injection Approved for Migraine Prevention in Adults
- Few With Acute Migraine Take Triptans, Many Discontinue the Drug
- Natalizumab Improves Cognitive Function in Multiple Sclerosis
- Gender and Multiple Sclerosis: How It Influences Prognosis and Future Treatment
- Significant Variations in Epilepsy Surgical Strategy, Deficit Reporting Exist
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- Magnesium Has No Effect on Cognitive Outcomes Following Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Incorporating Guidelines Into Clinical Practice: An Interview With Gary L. LeRoy, MD
- Combo Physical, Mental Activity Prevents Cognitive Decline
- Medicaid Expansion Linked to Gains in Insurance Coverage
- Folic Acid Supplementation May Protect Against Language Delay in AED-Exposed Children