FML S.O.P. OINT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Indications for FML S.O.P. OINT:
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: 1 drop 2–4 times daily or small amount of ointment 1–3 times daily. May give every 4 hours for 1st 24–48 hrs. Reevaluate after 2 days.
Fungal, mycobacterial, viral (except herpes zoster), or untreated bacterial infections.
Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. Monitor for secondary infections and intraocular pressure in prolonged use. Avoid abrupt cessation. May mask or exacerbate infections. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Ocular irritation, increased intraocular pressure with possible glaucoma, infrequent optic nerve damage, cataracts, delayed wound healing; systemic hypercorticoidism (rare).
Susp—5mL, 10mL, 15mL; Oint—3.5g; Forte—5mL, 10mL, 15mL
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure