FOLLISTIM AQ Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Follitropin beta (recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone) 75 IU, 150 IU; per vial; soln for SC or IM inj.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for FOLLISTIM AQ:
Stimulation of multiple follicles in ovulatory patients undergoing Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART). Induction of ovulation in patients with functional anovulatory infertility that is not due to ovarian failure.
Individualize. ART: initially 150–225 IU daily in the early follicular phase (at least first 4 days), then adjust based on response; max 600 IU. Ovulation induction: initially 75 IU daily for up to 14 days; then adjust weekly by 37.5 IU based on response; max 300 IU. Both: induce final maturation of follicles or ovulation with 5000–10000 IU of hCG (see Precautions).
Ovarian failure. Uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal disease. Undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding. Ovarian cysts or enlargement. Tumor of pituitary, breast, ovary, or uterus. Streptomycin or neomycin allergy. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Do complete gynecological and endocrinological exam first. Thromboembolic disorders. Do not give hCG if high estrogen levels or excessive numbers of ovarian follicles by ultrasound indicate a high risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
OHSS with pulmonary and vascular complications, ovarian enlargement or cysts, abdominal pain (discontinue if occurs), local reactions, risk of high order multiple births.
Vials (0.5mL)—1; Cartridge (w. needles)—1; Follistim Pen (w. needles)—1
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL